Several Dukes qualify for state track meet
Published 1:55 pm Thursday, June 4, 2015
Three individual Windsor High School track and field athletes, along with both the boys and girls 4×100-meter relay teams, have qualified to participate in the VHSL 2A State Track Meet.
The athletes qualify on the heels of the 2A East Region meet, which took place at East Rockingham High School. Eight of the 11 athletes who went to that meet moved on.
• Malcolm Green will qualify for both the long jump and the triple jump. He placed second at the regional in the long jump at 23 feet and one-fourth inch; and second in the triple jump at 47 feet and four and a half inches.
• Keshawn Reid placed sixth in the high jump with a jump of 5 feet, 10 inches.
• Breon Stocks finished third in the 100-meter dash with a time of 11.49
• Vonquisha Turner also qualified for two events. She finished second in the 100-meter dash with a time of 13.02; and fifth in the 200 with a time of 26.83.
• The boys 4×100 team of Greene, Reid, Raekwan Birden and Breon Stocks finished third with a time of 44.49.
• The girls 4×100 team of Taijii Skeeter, Destiny Barnes, CeCe Gibson and Turner finished second with a time of 51.97.
The State Track Meet will be at Radford University today, Friday, June 5, starting at 2:30, and on June 6, beginning at 8:30 a.m.