Golfers compete to win PDCCC tourney
SMITHFIELD—David Helms, Brian Gordon, Grier Ferguson and Donnie Reese took honors for closest to pin during the 7th Annual Paul D. Camp Community College Golf Tournament.
Russ Bradshaw had the longest drive for the second consecutive year, and Tyler Peck had the straightest drive. The 50/50 Putting Contest was won by Brad Cofer.
The tournament included 21 teams at Cypress Creek Golfers’ Club in Smithfield. Hosted by the PDCCC Foundation, the fundraiser was held to aid in student scholarships, and staff and faculty needs.
• First Place — Ron Reese team: Ron Reese, Donnie Reese, Russ Bradshaw and Jason Leonard.
• Second Place —Blue Moon Landscaping team: Mike Boyce, Todd Revell, Chris Ricks and Steve Roberts.
• Third Place—Comfort Keepers team: Ed Patnesky, Todd Patnesky, Will Hart and Dr. Rodney Bland.
• First Place—Teresa Beale team: Teresa Beale, John Beale, Connie Corbitt and Charles Corbitt.
• Second Place—Edward Jones Company team: Rich Prosser, Jason Rebbe, Emily Dupre and Daniel Ross.
• Third Place—Southampton County team: Ronnie West, Randy Jackson, Cliff Brinkley and Rob Edwards.
• First Place—EVB team: Bill Rollings, Joseph Rollings, Stewart Allmond and David Johnson.
• Second Place—Smithfield Packing team: Drew Anderson, Darren Brunner, Brad Cofer and Brian Gordon.
• Third Place—Law Office of Karen Rye-Team 2: David Lydick, Phil Stewart, Anna Stewart and Harry Campbell.
On-site volunteers included Brenda Anyanwu, Paul Bryant, Ellis Cofield III, Desmond Ellsworth, Susan Francis, Christina Jones Hewitt, Kay Mann, Matthew Mann, Sally Rensch, Saleana’ Saunders, Dr. Maxine Singleton, Ryan Suits and Sherlene Sykes.
Smithfield Foods was the primary sponsor of the event.
Other contributors were:
• Gold Sponsors—Birdsong Peanuts, Boyce, Spady & Moore PLC, Bronco Federal Credit Union, Carr Investment Group of Wells Fargo Advisors, Dominion Surry Power Station, EVB, Law Office of Karen Rye (two sponsorships), Pope Investment Co., Rawlings Mechanical Corp., Sentara Healthcare and Southampton County.
• Silver Sponsors—Bank of Southside Virginia, Bayside Credit Union, Duke Automotive, Manry Rawls, State Farm Insurance and The Tidewater News.
• Bronze Sponsor—Jerry D. Rose Enterprises.
Freebies, door prizes and refreshment donors were All About U, Anna’s Italian Ristorante, Bloom of Carrollton, Bloom of Smithfield, Bon Vivant Market, Carr Investment Group of Wells Fargo Advisors, Cofer Auto, C.W. Cowling’s Restaurant and Lodge, Cypress Creek Golfers’ Club, Econo Lodge, Edward Jones of Carrollton, Edward Jones of Franklin,Farm Fresh of Smithfield, Farmers Bank, Ford’s Colony Country Club, Hampton Inn & Suites, Hearn’s Furniture of Smithfield, Import Car Service, Isle of Wight-Smithfield-Windsor Chamber of Commerce, Luter Family YMCA, Lindsey Jones Ltd., Nautical Décor, PDCCC, Rite Aid of Smithfield, Rudeboy Subs, Shear Success, Smithfield Flag Shop, Smithfield Ham Shoppe, Smithfield Ice Cream Parlor, Smithfield Station, Southampton Memorial Hospital, State Farm Insurance of Carrollton, State Farm Insurance of Franklin, State Farm Insurance of Smithfield, The Oaks Veterinary Clinic, The Smithfield Times, Travis Auto Care, Tropical Smoothie Café, Vic’s Signs and Victoria’s Rose.
Chairmen Sandy Mann, Kendall Edwards, Dr. Patsy Joyner and Glenn Rawlings served as facilitators.
The 8th Annual PDCCC Golf Tournament will be held next year in Franklin.