Harvest Drive in southern Isle of Wight closes for bridge work
Published 8:00 am Wednesday, April 5, 2023
1 of 2
The Virginia Department of Transportation has closed an area of Harvest Drive (Route 641) in southern Isle of Wight County for bridge repairs.
The bridge spans the Kingsale Swamp, located 0.6 miles north of the intersection of Harvest Drive and Glen Haven Drive (Route 653).
The closure began Monday. The work is scheduled to be complete by later this spring.
The work will include replacing the steel bridge beams and timber bridge deck. All work is dependent on weather conditions.
Access will be maintained to existing properties and farms along Harvest Drive
Motorists traveling south on Harvest Drive will be routed:
- Left onto Old Myrtle Road (Route 632)
- Right onto Old Carrsville Road (Route 1700)
- Merge onto Carrsville Highway (Route 58 Business) and travel south
- Right onto See Gar Drive (Route 613)
- Right onto Glen Haven Drive (Route 653)
- Left to continue southbound on Harvest Drive.
Motorists traveling north on Harvest Drive should reverse the detour.