New cancer survivor program sessions start at 5 area YMCAs
Published 10:16 pm Thursday, August 4, 2022
New sessions of Livestrong at the YMCA launch in August at YMCA locations in Franklin, Suffolk, Chesapeake and Virginia Beach.
A YMCA of South Hampton Roads news release stated that adults aged 18 and older who have received a cancer diagnosis are welcome to enroll in this free program offered by the YMCA of South Hampton Roads.
Now in its seventh year, Livestrong at the YMCA has been serving cancer survivors with a 100% donor-funded program that includes the following:
- A 12-week wellness and support program;
- Two 75- to 90-minute sessions per week;
- Cardiovascular conditioning, strength training, balance and flexibility exercises;
- Fitness and quality of life assessments before and after participation;
- S free Y membership for the duration of the program; and
- YMCA-certified instructors helping every step of the way.
Full details can be viewed at ymcashr.org/livestrong. Cancer survivors interested in participating should contact Vice President of Healthy Living Daniel O’Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view stories of how Livestrong at the YMCA has impacted people’s lives, visit YouTube.com and search for “Livestrong at the YMCA.”