Pesticide disposal program announced
The 2020 Virginia Pesticide Collection Program is announced. This is for the disposal of unwanted and outdated pesticides currently stored by agricultural producers, licensed pesticide businesses, certified applicators, golf courses and homeowners.
Weed and Feed
Collection times will be from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on the following dates and locations. Choose the location most convenient for you:
Tuesday, Aug 18
Indika Farms Buying Station at 12249 Shiloh Drive, Windsor
Wednesday, Aug. 19
Chesapeake Mosquito Control, 332 St. Brides Road E.
Monday, Aug. 31
SVCC Truck Driving School, 1112 Courtland Road, Emporia
Wednesday, Sept. 2
Southampton County Fairgrounds, 25376 New Market Road, Franklin
Contact the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services for:
• Clarification on acceptable products for disposal
• Instructions on handling unknown pesticides of 50 pounds solid or 5 gallons liquid in one container
• Instructions on handling unknown containers that cannot be moved safely
Contact the state office of Pesticide Services at 804-371-6561 or www.vdacs.virginia/gov/pesticide-collection.shtml
You can also contact these Extension offices:
• In Isle of Wight, call 365-6261
• In Southampton, 653-2572
• In Chesapeake, 382-6348
• In Greensville, 434-348-4223
Sponsorship comes from the VDACS, Virginia Cooperative Extension, Virginia Tech and Virginia State University.