Professional wrestling nets funds for school team
Published 7:17 pm Friday, January 10, 2020
Audience witnesses exciting competition
The Windsor High School gymnasium on Jan. 4 was again the setting for the return of the VCW Pro Wrestling event. Sumner Bradshaw, who coaches the school’s wrestling team, reported that a very good crowd attended that night.
The VCW website reported the following results:
• Simply Safe-ish retained the VCW Tag-Team Championships over The Real Life Freaks
• Phil Brown retained the United States Liberty Championship against Ray Vexx
• Jordan Oliver defeated Colby Corino to win the Commonwealth Heritage Championship
• The Golden Pinky Society beat Roc Richards and Irvin Legend
• Billy Gunn pinned Brandon Scott
• Gino retained the VCW Heayweight Championship against Ken Dixon in a controversial match that
was declared a no-contest, but the match that was restarted by Senior Official Ron Mils
“This was once again a successful fundraiser for our wrestling team,” said Bradshaw. “We raised about $3,400 that night from ticket sales, concessions and a 50/50 raffle. This money will be used to purchase replacements for some uniforms, new headgear, new shorts and T-shirts as well as other items as needed.
“We are very grateful for a very supportive community that helps us put on this wonderful event each year. Once again, the total cost of this event was funded through generous donations of community sponsors. To them we say a huge thank you! Our main attraction this year was former WWE and current AEW Superstar Billy Gunn. Wrestling fans would know him most popularly as part of the faction D-Generation X.”