Of the people, by the people, for the people.
On Tuesday, Nov. 5, 2019, the people of Southampton County showed up to exercise their constitutional right to have their voices heard and the residents of the Berlin/Ivor district came out in record numbers. Many to cast their vote for who will serve us as our next Sheriff, Treasurer and Commissioner of Revenue, others desiring to adjust the sails of our Board of Supervisors in a different direction. Your voices were heard!
I would like to express my sincerest gratitude toward the following, for if not for their love and support none of this would have come to fruition.
• To my wonderful wife and biggest fan Melissa. If not for your commitment to the cause, this community, and love for me and our family I wouldn’t have had a chance at success.
• To the dearest close circle of friends any man could ask for. Your contribution as a constant sounding board and never-ceasing source of encouragement has been priceless.
• To Mr. Ronnie West for his more than 20 years of service to the citizens of our great county.
• To my Millfield Baptist Church family for playing such an integral role in being a part of the village that raised me to love God and value the things on this earth that really matter most.
• To the citizens that make up this great community, wow! I cannot say enough. The outpouring of support and encouragement has been humbling to say the least. I could not have done it without the countless neighbors that stepped up to circulate petitions, put up signs, make phone calls and make monetary contributions towards the advancement of my campaign.
Change is what you wanted: You got it!
I am proud to be a part of this community and I look forward to the many opportunities to give back to it, as well as the challenges that accompany this responsibility. Now, it’s time to go to work. God bless.
Christopher Cornwell Sr.