PDCCC nursing students celebrate during special ceremony
Published 7:22 pm Tuesday, May 28, 2019
By Wendy Harrison
Paul D. Camp Community College’s Department of Nursing and Allied Health recently honored its graduating class of students in the Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) and Registered Nursing (RN) programs by holding a special pinning ceremony. Lead Instructor for the Associate Degree Nursing Program Trudy Kuehn served as guest speaker.
Kuehn created a PowerPoint presentation that humorously highlighted “Nursing School through the Lens of Memes.”
Kuehn, known as “Mrs. K: by the students, has more than 30 years of experience as a nurse. She attained her BSN from The Ohio State University and earned her MSN from Old Dominion University with a specialty in Critical Care.
Special awards were presented during the ceremony. The following LPN students received class honors:
• Clinical Nursing Excellence Award-Megan Smith
• Nursing Academic Excellence Award-Laura Vick
The following RN program students received class honors:
• Academic Excellence Award-Katrissa Bennett
• Nursing Clinical Excellence Award-Keshonta Banks
• Mentorship Award-Candace Triplett
• Dr. Candace Rogers Excellence in Leadership Award-Tori Ricks
• Florence Nightingale Award-Bonnie Burns
• Ann Pinner “One Bite at a Time” Award-Carin Wade
For more information about the PDCCC Nursing and Allied Health programs, email Tasha Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WENDY HARRISON is the public relations specialist for Paul D. Camp Community College. She can be reached at email@example.com.