Operation Christmas Child collecting donations
Published 11:01 am Friday, October 26, 2018
This month, sites in the Franklin area will be among 5,000 U.S. drop-off locations collecting shoebox gifts for children overseas during Operation Christmas Child’s National Collection Week, Nov. 12-19.
Franklin families, churches and groups are busy transforming empty shoeboxes into fun gifts filled with toys, school supplies and hygiene items. The Samaritan’s Purse project partners with local churches across the globe to deliver these tangible expressions of God’s love to children affected by war, disease, disaster, poverty and famine. For many of these children, it will be the first gift they have ever received.
This year, Franklin-area residents hope to collect more than 5,832 gifts to contribute to the 2018 global goal of reaching 11 million children. Donations can be dropped off at Rock Church, 130 Lakeview Road, during the following times:
• Mon, Nov. 12: 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• Tue, Nov. 13: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Wed, Nov. 14: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Thu, Nov. 15: Noon to 4 p.m.
• Fri, Nov. 16: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Sat, Nov. 17: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Sun, Nov. 18: 12:30 to 2:30 p.m.
• Mon, Nov. 19: 9 to 11 a.m.