Arrests made in downtown burglaries
Published 11:39 am Friday, March 16, 2018
Suspects have been charged or are awaiting charges in connection to two downtown burglaries reported on Jan. 13, according to Capt. Tim Whitt, spokesman for the Franklin Police Department.
Liberty Coin at 217 N. Main St., and B&B Cleaners at 301 N. Franklin St., were both burglarized with property stolen.
Investigation has led to the following people being charged:
• A 12-year-old Suffolk male is charged with the burglary of Liberty Coin’s. The suspect has been placed in Chesapeake Juvenile Services.
• Ahmod Tyshun Coner, 20, of 730 Cameron St., Franklin, has been charged with burglary of B&B Cleaners and two counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Coner was remanded to Western Tidewater Regional Jail.
• A 17-year-old male from Franklin. Petitions are on file for the burglary of B&B Cleaners.
• Dekwate Keitron Lankford, 25, of 25107 Oak Trail, Apt. D, Courtland, has been charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Lankford is in Western Tidewater Regional Jail.
• Keivate Detron Lankford, 24, of 317 Bruce St., Franklin, has a warrant on file for contributing to the delinquency of a minor.