Kylee Ponder, Ryan Schilling united in marriage
Published 12:04 pm Saturday, January 20, 2018
The marriage of Miss Kylee Ruth Ponder and Mr. Ryan Ferguson Schilling took place on Saturday, Dec. 30, 2017, at Reveille United Methodist Church in Richmond, Virginia. The Rev. Rachel Gene May and Deacon Victor J. Petillo officiated.
The bride is the daughter of Dr. and Mrs. James Michael Ponder of Franklin, Virginia. She is the granddaughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. Francis Wilson Hurley, formerly of Richmond; and the late Mr. and Mrs. Leonard Floyd Ponder, formerly of Dinwiddie, Virginia.
The groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. John Michael Schilling of Richmond. He is the grandson of Mrs. James Sanford Wamsley and the late Mr. Wamsley of Richmond; and Mr. Francis Louis Schilling and the late Mrs. Schilling of Floral Park, New York.
The bride was escorted by her father and given in marriage by her parents.
Music was given by Mr. Matt Spangler, organist, and by Mr. J. Michael Pollard, pianist. Ms. Megan Rebecca Ponder, sister of the bride, was her matron of honor and sang a solo.
Bridesmaids were: Miss Kathryn Cooper Schilling of Richmond, sister of the groom; Mrs. Lauren Biegler Chandler and Miss Lauren Ashley Guerra, both of Richmond; Miss Danielle Marie Greene of Stanford, California; Mrs. Rebecca Stephenson Harper of Franklin; Mrs. Sarah Waller Jones of Charles City, Virginia; and Miss Elizabeth Brooke Powell of Nashville, Tennessee.
Miss Georgia Rhodes Harris, niece of the bride, served as flower girl.
Mr. John Michael Schilling, father of the groom, was the best man.
Groomsmen were: Mr. Evan Wilson Ponder of Franklin, brother of the bride; Mr. John Goodwin Baker of Norfolk, Virginia; Mr. John Bainbridge Cates of New York City, New York; Mr. Scott Wilton Copeland, Mr. John William Eppler III, Mr. Walter Michael Fisher, Mr. Patrick Michael Gee, Mr. Charles Pierson Gilchrist IV, Mr. Jeffrey Scott Gottwald, all of Richmond; Mr. Matthew Randolph Hollomon of Charlottesville, Virginia; Mr. Matthew Philip Ucci of Alexandria, Virginia; and Mr. James Jacob Wamsley of Branford, Connecticut, cousin of the groom.
Readers were Miss Stephanie Elise Collins of Arlington, Virginia, and Mr. Nicholas Parker Wamsley of Washington, D.C., cousin of the groom.
Mrs. Jennifer Carter Stephenson of Franklin was the Mistress of Ceremonies.
Guests were greeted by Mr. Drew William Chlan of Baltimore, Maryland, and Mr. Glenn Bright Williams of Lexington, Virginia.
Cousins of the groom, Miss Alexis Teresa Schilling and Miss Sienna Caroline Schilling, both of Richmond, attended to the guestbook.
The rehearsal dinner, hosted by the groom’s parents, was held in The Jefferson Hotel.
The wedding reception, hosted by the bride’s parents, was held in The Commonwealth Club.
The bride is a graduate of Franklin High School in Franklin, and received her Bachelor of Arts and Master of Arts degrees from The College of William & Mary.
She is employed by Chesterfield County Public Schools.
The groom is a graduate of the Collegiate School in Richmond, and received his Bachelor of Arts degree from Hampden-Sydney College.
He is a Corporate Sales Manager with The Jefferson Hotel.
Following a honeymoon in the Dominican Republic, the couple will reside together in Richmond.
- Engagement Party – June 24, hosted by Mr. and Mrs. John Goodwin Baker, Mr. and Mrs. John Bainbridge Cates, Mr. and Mrs. Charles Pierson Gilchrist IV, Mr. and Mrs. Matthew Randolph Hollomon, Mr. Walter Michael Fisher and Miss Elizabeth Grace West, Mr. John Randolph Hooper and Mrs. Willis Shepherd Blair, Miss Kathryn Cooper Schilling, and Mr. Jeffrey Scott Gottwald at the Country Club of Virginia in Richmond.
- The bride was entertained at a Bachelorette Party hosted by the bride’s sister, Megan Rebecca Ponder, in Virginia Beach, Virginia, over the weekend of Sept. 15-17, while the groom was entertained at a Bachelor Party in Las Vegas, Nevada, over the weekend of Sept. 22-24.
- Kitchen and Recipe Shower – Oct. 1, hosted by Mrs. Sarah Waller Jones, Mrs. Carolyn Jackson Pollard, Mrs. Fran Farmer Waller, and Miss Elizabeth Vaughan Waller in the fellowship hall of High Street United Methodist Church in Franklin.
- Cocktail Party – Nov. 25, hosted by parents of the groom, Mr. and Mrs. John Michael Schilling, in their home in Richmond.
- Bridesmaids Luncheon – Dec. 29, hosted by Mrs. Jennifer Carter Stephenson, Mistress of Ceremonies, at Can Can Brasserie in Richmond.
- Post-Wedding Brunch – Dec. 31, hosted by Mr. Francis Louis Schilling, the groom’s grandfather, in the Empire Room at the Jefferson Hotel in Richmond.