SOUTHAMPTON COUNTY Board of Supervisors Notice of Public Hearing
Published 10:08 am Monday, September 11, 2017
Notice is hereby given pursuant to Section 15.2-1427 and 15.2-2204 of the Code of Virginia, 1950, as amended that the Southampton County Board of Supervisors will hold public hearings on Monday, September 25, 2017 at 7:00 p.m., or as soon thereafter as may be heard, in the Board Room of the Southampton County Office Center at 26022 Administration Center Drive in Courtland, Virginia to consider the following matters:
1. An application by Virginia Electric & Power Company, owner, for a Conditional Use Permit to construct a 190’ self-supporting lattice microwave tower with supporting equipment including a generator, propane tank, and equipment shelter, as well as a 150’ reduction in the required rear setback and a reduction of 168’ to the required side setback. This will be situated at the existing Boykins Substation property, located at 31017 Meherrin Road, Boykins, and known as Tax Parcels 100-32 and 100-32A. The property is in the Boykins Voting and Magisterial Districts. It is located at the intersection of Meherrin Road (SR 35) and Lassiters Drive.
2. An application by Bruce Bon, Trustee, applicant, for T. N. Coggsdale Trust and Nancy B. Coggsdale Trust, owners, Larue Brittle, owner, and John and Patricia Carter, owners, for the vacation of an alley abutting the common property line between 30416 Maple Avenue, and 30424 and 30396 Maple Avenue, Sedley. The Tax Parcels affected include 47A2-1-69, 47A2-1-69A, and 47A2-1-93. The property is located at the southwest corner of Maple Avenue (Rt. 1001) and Second Avenue East in Sedley and includes 3,072 square feet or 0.07 acres. The property is in the Jerusalem Voting and Magisterial Districts.
3. An application by Robert Clarke, applicant, for RM Clarke Farm Ivor, LLC, owner, for a zoning map amendment from A-1, Agricultural, to CRR, Conditional Rural Residential, for a five (5) acre portion of Tax Parcel 20-23. The property is located on the west side of Wakefield Road (Rt. 628) approximately 5,200 feet north of its intersection with Urquhart Quarter Road (Rt. 607). The property is in the Berlin-Ivor Voting and Magisterial Districts.
4. An application by Lloyd A. Applewhite, Jr., Gregory A. Applewhite, and Lloyd Applewhite Irrevocable Trust, to include Tax Parcels 59-37, 59-34& 35, and 74-5 in a Voluntary Agriculture and Forestry District. The property is located on the south side of Indian Woods Trail (Rt. 652) approximately 5,930′ west of its intersection with Indian Town Road (Rt. 651). The property is in the Capron Voting and Magisterial Districts.
5. An ordinance to amend Chapter 13 of the Southampton County Code by revising the eligibility criteria and exemption percentage schedule for the solid waste management fee. Among other things, the proposed amendments broaden the eligibility criteria to include households with a total combined household income from all sources of less than $40,300.99 and a net combined financial worth for all household residents of less than $168,501.00. The exemption percentage schedule ranges from 0% to 100% based upon household income.
Information associated with these matters is on file and available for public inspection in the County Administrator’s office, 26022 Administration Center Drive, Courtland, Virginia during normal office hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Any person desiring to be heard on these matters should appear at the time and place referenced herein above and offer his or her comments to the Board of Supervisors.
The hearing is held at a public facility designed to be accessible to persons with disabilities. Any persons with questions on the accessibility of the facility or need for reasonable accommodations should contact Michael W. Johnson, Clerk, at (757) 653-3015. Persons needing interpreter services for the deaf must notify Mr. Johnson at least seven (7) days in advance of the hearing.
Southampton County Board of Supervisors
Michael W. Johnson, Clerk