Sarah Milteer, Cameron Lundy married in Southern Shores ceremony
Published 10:18 am Sunday, July 2, 2017
SOUTHERN SHORES, N.C.
Sarah Elizabeth Milteer and Cameron Clarke Lundy were united in marriage on Saturday, May 6, 2017, at half past four o’clock in the afternoon, outdoors at Duck Woods Country Club in Southern Shores, North Carolina. The Rev. Sharon James performed the ceremony.
The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Michael Alton Milteer of Franklin, Virginia.
She is the granddaughter of Mrs. Kathryn S. Milteer of Suffolk, Virginia; the late J. Thomas Milteer and the late Mr. and Mrs. John William Andrew Moody of Franklin.
The groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Meredith B. Freeman. Jr. of South Hill, Virginia, and Mr. and Mrs. Russell Ashby Lundy II of Houston, Texas, formerly of Lawrenceville, Virginia.
He is the grandson of Mrs. Margaret A. Clarke of College Station, Texas, and the late Dr. Gordon Mitchell Clarke; and Mr. and Mrs. Russell Ashby Lundy Sr. of Emporia, Virginia.
Matrons of honor were: Sarah Nixon Stephens of Courtland, Virginia; and Brittany Anne Perry of Carrsville, Virginia, both lifelong friends of the bride. Bridesmaids were: Sadler Hastings Lundy, sister of the groom, of Emporia; Lauren Ison Lucy, friend of the couple, of South Hill; and college friends of the bride: Meagan Kendrick Baker, of Dry Fork, Virginia; Rachel Witt Gottke, of Washington, D.C.; and Jacquelyn Elizabeth Greiner, of Raleigh, North Carolina.
Flower girls were Kacy Lee Freeman, niece of the groom, of South Hill, and Marlowe Elizabeth Merritt, cousin of the bride, of New Kent, Virginia.
Best men were: Russell Ashby Lundy II, father of the groom; and Russell Ashby Lundy III and Hunter Mitchell Lundy, brothers of the groom, of South Hill.
Groomsmen were: Michael John Milteer, brother of the bride, of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina; and close friends of the groom, Jacob Phillip Bower, William Royal Crowder Jr., John Braedon Lucy and Steven Thomas Sparkman, all of South Hill; Adam Samford Britt of Alberta, Virginia; and Calvin Neal Jackson of Blackstone, Virginia.
Ringbearer was Landon James Freeman, nephew of the groom, South Hill.
Program attendants were John Adkins Merritt, cousin of the bride, New Kent; Hayden Mitchell Clarke and Turner Michael Clarks, cousins of the groom, of South Hill.
Mistresses of ceremonies were Mrs. Bobby Ray Duck, aunt of the bride, Franklin; Ms. Katherine Ruth Nesbitt, friend of the bride’s family, of Southern Shores; and Mrs. Timothy Radcliff Nixon, friend of the bride’s family, of Courtland.
Ceremony music was provided by The Roy Murray Music Studio.
A dinner and dance followed the ceremony at Duck Woods Country Club.
After a honeymoon in the British Virgin Island of Tortola, the couple resides in Raleigh.
- The Lundy family hosted an engagement dinner at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Russell Ashby Lundy II in Lawrenceville, immediately following the engagement.
- A bridal brunch shower, hosted by Mrs. June Moody Duck, aunt of the bride, and Mrs. Stephanie Duck Merritt, cousin of the bride, took place in Cypress Cove Country Club on March 4.
- The groomsmen hosted a dinner and shower honoring the couple in South Hill on April 15 in the home of Mr. and Mrs. Meredith B. Freeman.
- Mrs. Kim Jordan Nixon, Mrs. Sarah Nixon Stephen and Mrs. Brittany Anne Perry hosted a bridesmaid luncheon in Duck Woods Country Club on May 5.
- Mr. and Mrs. Meredith B. Freeman and Mr. and Mrs. Russell Ashby Lundy II, parents of the groom, hosted a rehearsal dinner for the wedding party and family in Southern Shores on the evening of May 5.
- A brunch was held in Kitty Hawk on May 6 for the bride and her wedding party given by Ms. Kathie Nesbitt.