Woman’s Club looking for history on Mother’s Club

Published 9:22 am Saturday, August 23, 2014


The Franklin Woman’s Club is interested in any information on the club called the “Mother’s Club of Franklin,” which was formed on June 15, 1920, at the home of Mrs. N.H. Jones and in October 1922 was changed to the “Woman’s Club of Franklin.”

We have received a book of minutes dating from June 8, 1920 through Sept. 11, 1929. Between 1933 and 1945 the club disbanded and reformed as the “Franklin Woman’s Club.”

We are also interested in a project called the “rest room” that the club discussed in 1922. On April 17, 1923, the club met in the new “rest room” and was responsible for the monthly fee. There is no explanation of what or where this room was. This about the same time that the club established a public library, raised money to buy books and had a room at the high school for many years. Actually purchased the chairs, table and bookcases for the room.

Call Audrey at 986-2277 if you have any information on the early history of these clubs to complete the history we have.

Audrey Scarbel