Saturday fire damages Carrsville home

Published 11:16 am Monday, December 20, 2010

CARRSVILLE—A Saturday fire allegedly started by a faulty chimney resulted in mostly smoke and water damage to a Carrsville-area home, said Trevor Duke, a lieutenant with Carrsville Volunteer Fire Department.

Carrsville firefighters was called at 12:50 p.m. to the home at Holly Run Drive and Prudent Road. When they arrived, flames were coming from the home, Duke said. It took a few minutes to knock down the fire.

No one was home when the fire broke out, and no one was hurt fighting the blaze, he said.

Duke did not know who lived at the home or whether or not it was insured.

Franklin and Windsor fire departments assisted.