Fire destroys Franklin home

Published 11:15 am Tuesday, October 19, 2010

FRANKLIN—A clothes dryer is believed to have triggered a fire that destroyed a home at 1609 Dorchester St. on Thursday night.

Firefighters were called at 11:52 p.m. to the home owned by John Christmas, said Franklin Fire and Rescue Capt. Richard Grizzard. The loss of the home and its contents was set at $85,000, Grizzard said.

No one was hurt in the fire, which was ruled accidental.

The American Red Cross assisted occupants.