Council should reconsider sale of Hayden
Published 8:54 am Wednesday, May 13, 2009
To the Editor:
I hereby request that the Franklin City Council review the procedure for the sale of the Hayden property and staff’s request to hold a public hearing on the matter on Tuesday, May 26.
I make this request for the following reasons.
1. The City of Franklin Parks and Recreation Master Plan states that the Hayden property should be used for recreation.
2. The City of Franklin Parks and Recreation Master Plan was amended to the City of Franklin Comprehensive Plan.
3. A public hearing addressing selling Hayden without first amending the City of Franklin Parks and Recreation Master Plan is improper.
4. A public hearing addressing selling Hayden with the City Planning Commission reviewing the issue is improper.
5. The City Council should not address the issue of selling the Hayden property until the City Planning Commission has voted on the issue and amended the City Comprehensive Plan.
6. The City Council should not discuss the issue and make a decision until it has voted to amend the City Comprehensive Plan to allow the Hayden property to be sold.
Thomas H. Councill Jr.